- June 2014: DVDs are (finally!) edited! Soon in your mailbox...
- 13/01/2014 to 20/01/2014: We work on the film with a professional editor.
We did it! Thanks to the 93 contributors we made it to collect enough money to finance the post production of our documentary...! Thank you all for your generous support!! :)
- Photo exhibition at René Goscinny community center within the framework of its participation in the city of Paris initiative "Extraordinary month on Disability".
Every year, in November, the talents of people with disabilities are put forward for a month through a variety of activities.
When? 12-30 November 2013.
Free admission during the center opening hours.
Information: 01 45 85 16 63
Location: 14 rue René Goscinny - 75013 Paris - Accessible by public transportation: Metro Bibliothèque François Mitterrand (line 14) - Map
- "Yes we cap!" film screening at René Goscinny community center, still within the framework of the "Extraordinary month on Disability" .
When? Wednesday 27th November at 8pm.
Free admission. Prior booking recommended. Please call the center at 01 45 85 16 63.
When? From the 21st of October to the 15th of December 2013
Preview: Saturday 23rd November at 5pm. Location: Palaiseau city council. With the participation of the choir Zap'Choeur.
Location: 91 rue de Paris - 91120 Palaiseau - Accessible by public transportation: 5 minutes walking distance from RER B stop "Palaiseau" - See map
Information in Palaiseau 2013-2014 cultural season brochure - page 41
Back to France...!
- 12/01/2013: Cap'Able's festive day at Gif-sur-Yvette (91)! Let's celebrate the end of the project "Yes we cap!": photo exhibition, screening of the film, presentation of the booklet... and snack!
- 7/01 to 12/01/2013: Photo exhibition at "Espace Val de Gif": Place du Chapitre (Route de l'Abbaye) - 91190 Gif-sur-Yvette. 9/01/2013: Meeting with the children from the community centre of Gif-sur-Yvette (40 children from 6 to 12 years old).
- 19/12/2012: Presentation of the project to 80 youth (15 to 20 years old) from the department of Essonne during an award ceremony with the Departmental Council.
- 13/12/2012: Conference, photo exhibition and first screening of the film as part of the cycle of conferences "Vendredi de Gif".
- 26/11/2012 to 11/12/2012: Photo exhibition at the Orsay High School (CSO). Two days of meeting with the pupils: report on the project, showing of a little film, discussion... Very interesting!!
- September 2012... We are back!!
- GET INVOLVED: One week in Dalbok-Dol, participating to the project Get Involved: adapted hiking for people with physical disability!
- Twelve days at "l'Arche Montréal" to share a community life with people with intellectual deficiency.
- Five days with the organization "Mouvement des Personnes D'abord de Montréal" ("People First"): this organization was created by and for people with intellectual handicaps fighting for their rights as people first.
- Two days with the organization ETC (Environmental Traveling Companions): participation at the disability awareness training proposed at the new volunteers of the organization
- One weekend with Jim Noyes, a man who made his dreams come true!
- Three weeks in the organization AMISADAC, a residence for adults with intellectual disability.
- Meetings with Carlos, a young owner-manager affected by the Down's syndrome...
- Visit of an organization offering physical rehabilitation to disabled children (Kuskanchik) in Ayacucho.
- Few days in a school specialized for disabled children in Ayacucho.
- Casa Hogar Los Gorriones: Three weeks in an orphanage of Ayacucho hosting around 30 children. About half of them are disabled children.
- 26/01/2012: Visit of a hippotherapy centre.
- 25/01/2012: Visit of the Chilean Teleton, a care centre for myopathy children.
- APEBI: organisation working for the Spina Bifida and hydrocephalus and offering free leisures for disabled people.
- "Tangoterapia".... what a surprise!! We'll meet the teacher of this unbelievable therapy next week, on the 17th of january... it will surely be interesting!
- 5/01/2012: Institute Roman Rossel: rehabilitation of blind people. Sport, art, and work insertion. Very interesting people. Next meeting planed on monday, 9th of january, and the following days...!
- 4/O1/2012: First steps... Meeting with an organisation proposing equitherapy for disabled people. Bad luck: no courses untill february. Cause: holidays. Hopefully it was still interesting to see their place.
- Feliz año nuevo!!! Happy new year!!! Bonne année à tous!! Cap'Able wish you the best for 2012. joy, love and may all your dreams come true!
- Arrival at Montevideo. Unexpected events... Impossibility to meet our contacts... Let's change the program! Cap on Buenos Aires!!!
- 14th and 27th of december 2011... Departure's days! Find soon some pictures of our departures on our photo gallery! Destination Montevideo, Uruguay...
- 10/12/2011: Cap'Able's festive day!! Let's celebrate all together our project!! Find below an invitation! We're waiting for you!!
- 25/11/2011: Let's wait for an answer for a subsidy from the CAPS (Communauté d'agglomérations du plateau de Saclay)
- 21/11/2011: Meeting with APF international
- 27/10/2011: Meeting with the city council of Palaiseau and Gif-sur-Yvette
- 14/10/2011: Meeting with the director of a center for multiply handicapped young adults (Maison d'accueil spécialisée NDJ), in order to speak about a possible support.
- 11/10/2011: First day of awareness campaign about handicap at the Orsay High School (CSO). Beautiful and interesting day! We met 225 pupils aged 11 to 17. Go and see some pictures on our Photo gallery! We eventually didn't have enough time for the role-play scenario, but still, it was very interactive!
- 11/10/2011 and 18/10/2011: Yes we Cap! Cap'Able obtained to speak in Orsay High School's classes (CSO). Two days of awareness campaign about handicap. The program is big: Role-play scenario of handicap situation; Presentation of our project; Suggestion of questioning about handicap.
- 8-9/10/2011: Belgium: Let's promote the project among our families, friends, friends of our friends...!
- 5/10/2011: 10 am. Meeting with the headteacher of Orsay High Scool (CSO) to plan our awareness campaign once we'll be back!
- 27/09/2011: 8:30 am. Meeting with the director of OCH
- 10/09/2011: Here we are: Cap'Able has its own bank account!